Spaces are append-only (for now) lists that you can add pages, PDFs and annotations to, privately or collaboratively with others. (Example)
- use them to tag pages, pdfs and annotations
- share them via a link
- invite others to co-curate them with you
- follow updates
- Private: Not available via link
- Shared: Available via a link and on the web
Annotation Privacy States
Every annotation can have 3 different privacy levels:
Only available to you and keeps non-shared Spaces
- Use Case: Annotations you want to make only for yourself
👥 Shared Selectively
Selectively added to some shared Spaces. This is an implicit state that is activated once you add an annotation to a specific shared Space.
- Use Case: If you want to annotate the same page but have multiple different people/contexts in mind (e.g. a research project, family, work)
Automatically added to all shared Spaces the page is added to
- Use Case: Annotations that are like tweets and that you don’t care if many people see them. You want an easy way to reshare a page with its annotations.
Replies you or others make on an annotation are separated by Spaces so you can have different conversations about the same annotation dependent on the context/Space you shared it to.
The activity feed will contain
- New pages & annotations added by other people to Spaces you follow or collaborate on
- Replies to your annotations or annotations you replied to