Release Date: 26.08.2020
In honor of: Sir Ken Robinson †
In every release we honour people who significantly contributed to humanity's progress
This one hits deep. We've been a big fan of his work to transform education towards a system where everyone is nurtured for their individuality. Rest in Peace.
Sir Kenneth Robinson FRSA (4 March 1950 – 21 August 2020) was a British author, speaker and international advisor on education in the arts to government, non-profits, education and arts bodies. He was Director of the Arts in Schools Project (1985–89) and Professor of Arts Education at the University of Warwick (1989–2001), and was named Professor Emeritus after leaving the university. In 2003 he was knighted for services to the arts.
Features in this release
(click triangle to unfold)
Sharing highlights & annotations in collections
We're so excited about this. Finally you can share sentence-level insights about websites you curate.
- Share a note to collections the page is in - with one click
- Users with the link to a collection can now see all shared highlights/notes
- Created notes are private by default
Performance improvements with sync
- Users experienced a lot of "fanning" when sync was about to happen. This was due to some non-optimised part of the code that was processing too many sync log entries that it should not.
Removed History Search as a feature, leaving only full-text search for pages you save or annotate
This was a hard but necessary decision for us in order to get us to a sustainable product/company.
The full-text search has produced a lot of development overhead and complexity, as well as performance issues for users.
It'll very likely come back, but for now it did not provide enough value for users for the amount of effort it costs to make it work well.
- Fix upgrading workflow
- Notification to show you when you're running out of trial
- Fix bug that made Memex not work in Vivaldi anymore
- Improving performance of sync
- Improvement of styles of Google and DuckDuckGo integration, and show 20 results instead of just 5
- Improve Restore UX